View full blog series here
As the world transitions to a new way of working, one with social distancing, reduced real estate, and flexible working, it can be overwhelming when trying to decide what space management solution to use.
Challenges with existing space management systems
Static, clunky, legacy systems with limited flexibility and customization
Many of the existing workplace management systems were set up to manage offices operating in regular 9 to 5 hours. As Covid-related policies and government regulation keep evolving, workplace leaders and facilities managers are suddenly having to create new processes for flexible working, while at the same time ensuring the safety of employees and cleanliness of workspaces.
Employers need highly customizable controls and tools to manage their real estate and allocation of spaces, especially as most of their expensive real estate is sitting empty right now.
Difficulty finding and booking spaces with poor UX
Change is hard. With the new flexible, hybrid ways of working, it can be frustrating and confusing to employees without clear communications.
Employees need simple, intuitive ways to find and reserve working spaces that meet their needs (and assurance that these spaces are clean and safe), from hot desking to collaboration spaces to working from home. If you have desk booking, there is no physical representation of the digital state of the desk whether it is available or booked, therefore it is static and not dynamic.
Many buildings have remained empty for over 9 months, and employers are having a headache trying to figure out how much space they need to enable flexible working. Businesses need to manage their spaces in a smarter, more effective way.
Kadence Wx: built for dynamic spaces and people
Kadence Wx desk scheduling software has been built from the ground up to help you get your business back on track in a post Covid-19 world. We have focused on delivering the best solution for a return to the workplace and can help you every step of the way.
Customize how you want your spaces with WxCloud
We have built a highly dynamic, flexible solution to fit with your Covid-19 policies and your vision for returning to work. Just a few of our features include:
- Integrate with your existing active directory systems for easy employee onboarding and management. Manage and group employees with teams, and track users’ experiences working in the office.
- Control building, spaces and Covid-related settings with ease. Limit building and office capacity, ensure social distancing of desks, visualize high traffic areas and adjust your plans accordingly.
- Easily manage your office spaces, rooms, desks, and neighborhoods to fit your needs.
- Adjust and create user permissions with different access levels, defined by you, to help you collaborate with and manage your spaces and people.
- Apply and adjust booking permissions for your employees to help control traffic and office capacity as well as restricting access in the event of a Covid-19 outbreak.
Enter Kadence WxApp: a people-first app
We built the Kadence WxApp with the goal of giving employees a simple, seamless experience when booking spaces. Simplicity, with no training, or guidance, required from the employer.
- A clean, polished, friendly user experience was at the forefront of our minds when producing the app. No headaches, no fuss, just simplicity in booking on any device.
- Employees can book a space from anywhere, at any time, in seconds, and on any device (app, iPad, desktop)
- Helpful alerts, reminders, and notifications on bookings and company updates.
- Easily share spaces and collaborate with team members.
- We ensure that employees understand and feel comfortable with installing the application on their personal devices, describing the use of every permission we request, ensuring they know we don’t store or share their data, and allowing them to use an incognito mode, should they choose not to disclose any of their personal information.
Analyze and improve space efficiency with accurate data
The true power of an effective space management solution lies in being able to inform better space planning decisions by using different types of spaces efficiently, maximizing its full utilization and usefulness.
- Hyperlocal location data for occupancy data, perfect for tracking activity, capacity, and employee traffic.
- Our solution learns about how your spaces are being used overtime and makes informed decisions to protect employees, reduce real estate costs, and allow effective flexible working and collaboration.
If you’d like a chat or a demo with one of our team to see how our desk scheduling software can help you meet the challenges of the new workplace, why not pick a time in our calendar to suit you?